Within the last month the team at Shopify released Shopify 2, their major release with updates and a complete redesign of the store admin panel. This update boasts over 60 enhancements and features all to help you run your ecommerce store using Shopify. Some important things to note about this release are…
- You can update your current Shopify store to the new user interface
- You get all of these updates included in the cost of their monthly subscription service
What’s new with Shopify 2
As I’ve said above this release has some 60 features and enhancements added to help you run your ecommerce store just that much better including things like…
- A Live Theme Preview options that allows you to test out colors, fonts and other settings – What Shopify did right here is allow people using their ecommerce platform to make changes and see the results as they work without having to code in those changes. In order to attract more users to their platform this key feature now hits a larger customer base who understand what they want to see on their Shopify store and don’t necessarily need to code it as they would have had to in the past
- Abandoned checkouts now have their own section on your Shopify stores admin section – When you go to check your orders now you can click to view abandoned orders separately from successful orders your store has recieved
- Overhauled Dashboard – This redesigned dashboard gives you the power to track trends in orders including things like top referrals, top search terms, orders in the last 7 days, last 30 days, last 90 days and others.
- Order Editing – With the order editing option in Shopify you can now edit your orders to only charge part of your customer’s order instead of having to cancel it and change details about the order including the customer’s shipping address.
If you’ve got more questions about Shopify 2 check out their frequently asked questions here. If you are interested in receiving a free copy of my eBook “Shopify Made Simple” today please subscribe to my mailing list and if you are checking out Shopify you can sign up for a free 30 day trial by clicking here.